Remote mirror Question

-

danmc77

Reaction score
Does anybody have a picture of the remote mecahanism mounted inside the car? I'm adding a remote sport mirror to my Duster, and want to see exactly how/where it's located on the door inside.

I assume the plastic upper portion of my door panel with have to be replaced w/ one specific to remote mirrors?

Thanks,
Dan

I did some searching, and it appears that on the Dusters it's mounted in the actual door panel rather than the upper plactic portion - can somebody confirm this? If that's the case, I can just puch a hole in the panel to mount it.

NM - I just went out and looked at the back of my original door panel - I see the circle that gets punched out. For anybody else doing research, it's mounted in the panel directly in front of the door handle on the Dusters. Unlike Darts - looks like they mount on the top metal above the door panel. Looks like you just punch it out and the rest is self-explanitory.

Wish I had seen your post earlier to answer your question. Seems like you figured it out, however. You must be talking about a '72 or earlier, with the metal door top. '73 and later is a plastic trim piece, and both the Dart and Duster have the remote knob in the vinyl door panel.

The cable will appear to be too long, but that's so you can make a loop in it to prevent a kink and to clear the glass as it rolls up. The outer cable housing (sheath) should have a small clip attached to it that is used to fasten it to the inside of the door frame - again, to keep it tucked out of the way of the rolling window.

Jerry

Wish I had seen your post earlier to answer your question. Seems like you figured it out, however. You must be talking about a '72 or earlier, with the metal door top. '73 and later is a plastic trim piece, and both the Dart and Duster have the remote knob in the vinyl door panel.

The cable will appear to be too long, but that so you can make a loop in it to prevent a kink and to clear the glass as it rolls up. The outer cable housing (sheath) should have a small clip attached to it that is used to fasten it to the inside of the door frame - again, to keep it tucked out of the way of the rolling window.

Jerry
Thanks for the additional info!

-
Back