Replace bench seat with aftermarket buckets?

-

Ricks70Duster340

Child of the King
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a '70 Duster 340 with a bench seat. The bench was recovered before I got the car, but the original head rests were not reinstalled (they're in ruff shape). I love the bucket seats that came with the '72 Challenger I used to have, but I am wanting something aftermarket that may be similar. Also, do the aftermarket seats have front to back adjustment in the mounting? Any thoughts appreciated.

Depends on manufacturer if it comes with adjustable tracks.
I put Corbeau seats in my Duster
photo8.jpg

Only photo I got.Yes they were adjustable.

I put Corbeau seats in my DusterView attachment 1715751950
I put Corbeau seats in my DusterView attachment 1715751950
Are those the 90010PR seats? Did you have a bench or buckets to start with? What year is your Duster? Their website says the 90010PR seats are 36.5" high, and the base is 4.5". Your installation looks like there is plenty of space.

It was back in 2000. It was a bench seat car. I have no idea of the number.
Fit nice, car drove nice. Drove that car from Simi Valley California to Columbus Ohio.

Mine was converted from bench to buckets by po. Looks like he just drilled some holes in the floor and shimmed it where needed.

Mine was converted from bench to buckets by po. Looks like he just drilled some holes in the floor and shimmed it where needed.
You can buy original bucket seat track for Dusters from Mopar plus or Classic Industries , the holes for bucket seats need drilled but there are indentions were they should be drilled in floor pan , abody has a different track and ebody track doesnt line up properly or right level as abody track is taller , the bench seat track mounting holes on outer side are wrong location both sides , the abody track angles over with an offset style setup for the outside part because its raised in that area from floor , the ebody might be able to be made to work but I chose not to use as I had them as I am using ebody buckets in my Duster,,but there pricey for new track

3840-akit__82108.1506354061.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back