Replacement drums and hubs for 1969 Dart with 5x4.5 lugs?

-

mhuppertz

Reaction score
Anyone found front drums and hubs for a V8 Dart (273) that have the larger lug pattern? I went with the 5x4.5" for the Dana 60 in the back, just want to match it up front, and the Google machine is laying goose eggs for me at the moment (or it might just be me) :).

They might not be listed as an application for a '69. Try searching for a later car that came with BBP drums?

I believe all front drum A bodies were the small bolt pattern. The only got large BP from 73 up with disk brakes.

No such thing as big bolt A-Body drum brakes, you have to go with 73-76 big bolt disc brakes. The lower control arms you have now will work, but you will need the spindles and large ball joint upper control arms, plus the rotors and calipers...

as covered no BBP a-body drums, so you'll need to convert to discs.

your choices are: stock 73~76 upper control arm, spindle & related parts (master cyl and plumbing bits), or an upper ball joint adapter to reuse the small upper ball joint arm with the 73~76 spindle. on the lower control arm, you'll either need to change your lower ball joint because of the larger spindle bolts or drill out your existing lower ball joint to match. the lower control arm is the same across all generations of a-body, albeit with differences for swaybar tabs.

or, an aftermarket disc kit that reuses what you currently have and bolts onto the drum spindle. you'll still need the master and what not, but that all comes with the kit, or at least it should.

Sounds to me like your going to be looking at Ford parts on your car . This could get costly depending on what will adapt and how you would do it for drum brakes. I Know 1968 Mustang rotors switch small bolt disc to big bolt disc on an A-body pretty easy. Good luck.

would still need the 67 and down disc spindles to make that happen.

Send your front SBP Hubs and Drums to Moser.
They will redrill and install new studs
for 5 X 4.5 bolt pattern, as well as the hubs.
Suggest long race studs.
Been doing this for years.

-
Back