replacing a ignition switch lost keys 67'

-

67/6barracuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello guys new here 1st post hopefully you all can help. I just bought a 67' barracuda fastback /6 for $900.00. Has no keys and I bought a replacement set for ignition, doors, and trunk. How do I go about replacing the ignition tumblr on the dash. I tried pushing the little hole under the dash with a small screw driver and forcing it out. But i read somewhere that I need the key to turn it to get it out. But don't have one. Thanks guys.

I'd just buy a new switch, if you can get one. The one for my 67 Dart seems to be common. I believe you need a key to get the old lock out. Otherwise, ......locksmith, or try and destroy the old cylinder yourself.

you can drill the locking pin down and it will come right out. I have taken a small cutting disk on a dremmel and have done the same thing.

update: Thanks guys i took a drill bit straight through where the key slot was. very soft metal and the whole thing just poped right out. Installed the new iginition tumbler and should be ready to go.

This fish hasn't ran in ten years so wish me luck on start up within the next wk or so.
So far replaced timing chain, oil/filter, checked plugs and sprayed some fogger in the cylinders. In the process of putting the rediator, fan, pully stuff back on. Oh and still need to drain the varnished gas out of it. So if you guys have any tips and tricks by all means. Thanks again

Pull the tank and remove the sending unit. After the first tank cleaning put a chain in the sending unit hole and shake the crap out of it in every direction. Clean the tank out again and repeat until you are happy with the results.

-
Back