Replacing Seat Covers - Suggestions?

-

69cudaownr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone offer an opinion on who to purchase new seat covers from? Legendary and PG Classics have both been recommended to me.

I have bought from Legendary for my '68 GTX and '68 'Cuda - excellent product and very knowledgeable telephone people.

I have the legendary on the front seat of my duster,awesome product.

I went with Legendary. Great stuff, easy install, fair price, and looks great for the a first timer doing it.

If you want to go for restoration, no question Legendary is my first choice. It's pricier than some, but as others have pointed out, the product and service is superior. I'm going to a nearly complete restoration on the Demon interior, on the 73 4-door I wanted all cloth. Pix of the Demon's back seat from Legendary and the 73 Dart's front seat from Seatcovers Unlimited.

DSCN2012s.JPG

IMG_5616s.JPG

Legendary by far... our seat covers were from legendary and look great.

Legendary by far... our seat covers were from legendary and look great.

Hey hemizach....

Saw your sig line about polishing turds.....Mythbusters did a show on this myth and actually found they COULD if they used a specific process.....

So, you CAN polish a turd! LOL

On topic, this is a good thread -- I am about ready to start looking into new seat upholstery for my fish.....

Does anyone have suggestion on what to use for batting etc under the rear seat covers? Seems that a mouse family had made the rear seatback in my car their own supermarket/home depot when looking for material to build their nest (in my heater box).....:toothy10: This was before I bought it, and I have since demolished their house but the lack of padding in the seat back is obvious....I was going to try and stuff some pillow filler in there temporarily.....but want to do it right when I finally spring for the real covers...

Does anyone have suggestion on what to use for batting etc under the rear seat covers? Seems that a mouse family had made the rear seatback in my car their own supermarket/home depot when looking for material to build their nest (in my heater box).....:toothy10: This was before I bought it, and I have since demolished their house but the lack of padding in the seat back is obvious....I was going to try and stuff some pillow filler in there temporarily.....but want to do it right when I finally spring for the real covers...

That batting is stacked in layers and stich tacked, together and to the springs, here and there to hold it in place. If you cut all the tacks and seperate the layers you should find different length pieces that change the combined thickness. You can patch those inner layers but not the top layer. The patch would show eventually.
I would go to the local parts yard or the parts wanted section here and seek a donor seat for materials needed.

There is a product known as Fiberfil that upholsterers and clothing makers use to stuff things. It is a good insulator, very light, and can be layered as cushioning. It does not have the same density as cotton batting, but it is very useful in a number of applications. I believe it, or very similar product, can be found in Wal-Mart fabric section.

Legendary seat covers and door panels also come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty for as long as you own your car!! (Best in the industry).

-
Back