Repro center cap issues

-

Mopar4ever

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else had an issue with repro center caps staying on? I bought a set of Wheel Vintique Police style rally wheels and their center caps. Center caps kind of snap on, but will come off with very little effort- certainly aren't going to stay on if I try driving with them. I had someone on another forum mention that there are spring steel clips that fasten onto the rim and will hold the center caps more securely- has anyone heard of something like this? Any other ideas to keep the caps on?

Barracuda 4.JPG

I don't see any caps in that picture.
If you mean the Sombrero style caps used in the Rallye wheels, they were held on with screws originally, right?

I don't see any caps in that picture.
If you mean the Sombrero style caps used in the Rallye wheels, they were held on with screws originally, right?
No help here, but ur car is kick a$$ ! (I KNOW THE DOLLAR SIGNS ARE CORRECT TOO). LOL

try finding a set of original caps, i think the problem is with the aftermarket ones. i've heard this issue before ...

I was kind of leaning towards the issue being with the quality of the repro center caps- I have a set of originals, but they are not in very good condition. Is there a "good" quality repro center cap available? I'm looking for the Police style center caps- with or with out the holes. Thanks for the input.

-
Back