repro. quarter panels

-

squadbay

Reaction score
Looking for input on the quality of the repro. quarters for my 73 dart sport. I need to replace both sides. Anyone have any experience with the repros. and how well they fit up etc. Goodmark panels? Where to purchase the best ones available? Thanks.

I bought quarters fromYearOne. The quality was so so and from what I've been told, most of the repops are coming from over seas and you get what you get! That was 2 years ago so maybe by now there might be someone else repopping some that are better than the ones I got. I'm glad that I only needed to use the very bottom lip around the wheel well so mine were easy to fix. Had I needed the whole panel, there would have been a lot of metal finishing to do!

I got new quarters for my '73 Duster from Y1.....like stated above they were so-so....Layson's should have some too but they probably come from the same place. your other option is to call some place like Stephen's Performance and get a good southern used set but get out the checkbook $$$$$$$$$$$

I tried 2 sets before i got a workable set
The tiawanese or whoever buy the old worn out dies from chrysler and punch out 1000s, not checking the die alignment or wear as often as chrysler would have...thus you get the resulting crappy to marginal panels

Your best bet is to get them from some place close and go see them before buying them. A friend bought a set from Autobody Specialties and they let us pick out the best pair.

-
Back