Reroute headlight wires to fender well

-

SABLT194

Reaction score
Looking to hide my front wiring harness by moving it up into the corner of the fender well and run it in the small space behind the shock support. Thinking I should fab up a sheet metal cover for it all. I'm looking for ideas. Anybody else do this? Got any photos?

Regards,
Steve

I I did not put my wiring in the wheel well, but I did hide all my front end and some engine compartment wiring in the frame rail.

20200924_1639121.jpg

Very front of the frame horn,there is a hole there already,I just opened it up a little more to fit a grommet.
As you can see,I eliminated the bulkhead connector and moved all electronics(that I could) under the dash.

The sheet metal cover seems like overkill, you could just use one of several wire sheath products available and attach it with rubber dipped metal straps with bolt holes (kind of P shaped), using the bottom of the fender bolts where the threads stick out. This would tuck the wires up into the upper part of the fender.

Very front of the frame horn,there is a hole there already,I just opened it up a little more to fit a grommet.
As you can see,I eliminated the bulkhead connector and moved all electronics(that I could) under the dash.

Thanks 64, a nice and clean look for sure. I love it. I'm in the same boat. Bulkhead connector now has a 90 degree firewall boot for the ECM wire bundle. So, I get the front entry into the frame rail, but still unclear where you exited the frame rail into the cabin.
Regards,
Steve
IMG_3566.jpg

Thanks 64, a nice and clean look for sure. I love it. I'm in the same boat. Bulkhead connector now has a 90 degree firewall boot for the ECM wire bundle. So, I get the front entry into the frame rail, but still unclear where you exited the frame rail into the cabin.
Regards,
Steve
View attachment 1715679967
I like the Coil Near Plug install. Did you see that in Mopar Action? Ehrenberg did a writeup a few years ago.

The wiring goes into the frame in the interior where it is just short of the floor at the firewall so there is just enough space to run some of the wiring up behind the motor for the distributor,coil and oil pressure.

-
Back