Rev Limiter

-

512Stroker

We are all here because we are not all there.
Reaction score
I am currently running the stock Mopar electronic distributor and orange box. Is there a way to add a rev limiter to this system without changing out the box?

Replace the orange box with a revNator box with built in Rev limiter. Sold by R/T garage. It is better ignition box with more HP potential than orange box plus there is no wiring changes. I have one on Duster that is drag car. RevNator has saved over speed several times. FBO also has replacement box w limiter.

Replace the orange box with a revNator box with built in Rev limiter. Sold by R/T garage. It is better ignition box with more HP potential than orange box plus there is no wiring changes. I have one on Duster that is drag car. RevNator has saved over speed several times. FBO also has replacement box w limiter.
Let me get this right, these new boxes are plug and play no changes to the stock wiring?

I have a stand-alone Jacobs, dash-mounted, dial back, Ignition timing box, and amp.......that has a rev-limiter in it. It is very simple to wire in and eliminated the Orange box. The dial-type rev-limiter is not particularly accurate, but for me it doesn't have to be, cuz I'm a streeter, and I set it more as a safety in case I blow a shift......which, the last time that happened was 2004. Then I fixed the daymn shifter once and for all-time.
Since it's adjustable, I sometimes use it as a cruize rpm limiter, so I don't end up speeding.
When I spend a night in a Motel. I set it to just above idle, and retard the timing.
Mine is circa 2000, and has never failed. I would sure miss it if it did.
There are other manufacturers building similar boxes.

From RT Garage:
****Please Note: 2018 ICUs are coming soon (available in 30-60 days)! Sign up for Priority Shipping****
*2017 ICUs currently not available*

From FBO: Over 200 in stock or ready for final assembly (2-3 Days) We never run out because WE build them. 5 Year Warranty

-
Back