Ring Gap File near Baltimore needed....

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
So as it turns out, none of my usual go-to peeps have a ring file. Building Jake's stroked 360 and we are at that point. Any members within an hour of Baltimore wanna help a member out? If you are real close, maybe borrow it? If if not real close, but an hour or so away, got one ya wanna sell cheap? Couldn't find one local to buy off the shelf anywhere today. None of the parts stores with tool rentals had one either - they act like they don't know what we need one for.....

pm sent - thanks! problem solved

put a new, thin file in a vise, shove the file away from you, use both hands and concentrate on SQUARENESS. hemis-406 sbc- 505" wedge, never had a ring filer !!

Ya know Bob - for all of the specialty tools i/we make do without, that one never dawned on me..... Will "file" that one away.

Bob's got it!
I've used a #00 Pillar file for years, grabbed in the bench vice.
That works real nice, and is easier to use than many files as it has no taper in either thickness or width, and smooth edges, it only cuts on the flats.
Look up Nicholson 6" Swiss Cut #00 Pillar File.
Of course, you probably won't find one at your local hardware store (unless you have a "real" old school place that's been around for a hundred years), but can readily get one online.

-
Back