Rochester carb?

-

Wrencher

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know off the top of their head if a rochester carburetor from a 70's chevy has the same mounting pattern as the slant 6 2bbl??

I bought a 2bbl intake recently from Waggs, and it came with a carb that was good on last use. Well speaking to a guy I work with the other day, he has a rochester carb that is still new in the box that was never installed. He said i can have it for $50 if i can use it.

He was going to use it on his '71 Lemans w/ 350 however last winter, he lost control of it during an ice storm and slammed into a tree, totaling the car.

I would compare but i done have it, and i really cant recall how the old GM 2bbl's look :banghead:

The GM 2 barrel carburetors have two base plate sizes. Large and small. I'm not sure if either is the same as the slant or not, but keep that in mind when you're trying to find out.

Oh wow, i did not know that. Guess i need to get him to bring it to me to be sure

One other "thorn" it's just not that difficult to make your own adapter. I've used 1/4" steel and aluminmum. If you have a drill press, you CAN cut some pretty thing steel WITH A HOLE SAW and lots and lots of lube. I just use a LOT of WD40 A LOT!!

I've used flathead (countersunk) screws "up from the bottom. I've used simply a drill bit for the countersink. Sometimes you can install the carb to the plate first, or braze or tack the screws in place. Use your imagination

"Back in the day" I was a little on the broke side for awhile. I even experimented with a Rochester on my Edelbrock 4bbl manifold on the 440. It did run!!

-
Back