Rocker arm combo ratio

-

bluefish

mopar dave
Reaction score
While building a 511 i ordered the cam spec'd to my combo before i ordered the rockers. I ordered HS for victor head. It was suggested a 1.6/1.5 combo to be best. Well the cam has .403 int .410 ex lobe lift giving me .644/.615 valve lift before lash. Would there be any performance gain adding a 1.6 ratio on ex side to get a .656 lift?

Comes down to price of Rocker Arms. Price vs gain might not be worth it?

Quick math says $648. Save your money. Spend it on something else.

Yeah, yur right. The rockers are $81ea and for a 10-15hp gain, if that not really worth it.
Quick math says $648. Save your money. Spend it on something else.
Yeah. Im thinking when the heads need refreshened, that would be a good time for a roller cam upgrade with the correct specs for the whole combo. Runs great like it is thou.

What is your piston to valve clearance? If it’s going to hit it will probably be the exhaust side.

That's a lot of money for such a little HP gain. Thought this topic died.

I guess it depends on where you want to end up.
Cost not a factor in that statement....

Higher ratio rockers on the exh side rarely ever make more power. That being said if you need to buy rockers, I'd get the 1.6 all around. If not, run the 1.5.

I would think that would be recommended for poor flowing exhaust. Surely, building a 511, you have a good exhaust setup. I would think it's splittin hairs at best.

I would think that would be recommended for poor flowing exhaust. Surely, building a 511, you have a good exhaust setup. I would think it's splittin hairs at best.
victor type heads don`t need 1/6 on exhaust , "in my humble opinion."

victor type heads don`t need 1/6 on exhaust , "in my humble opinion."

Yeah, sorta what I was sayin. And of course, we're all ASSUMIN he's runnin a REALLY good kinda header too.

Higher ratio rockers on the exh side rarely ever make more power. That being said if you need to buy rockers, I'd get the 1.6 all around. If not, run the 1.5.
too bad the OP wasn't steered in right direction in the first place

too bad the OP wasn't steered in right direction in the first place
I agree,but im partly to blame. I ordered from Don at Flat Lander and he suggested 1.6/1.5 ratio and never asked about the cam specs. I should of mentioned it to him at the time. Stuck with it for now, but the 511 runs great.

-
Back