Roll Cage/rear Seat

-

ahlberg

Reaction score
Hi I am going to install an 8 point cage in my 68 barracuda, I am just trying to figure out anyway that i can keep the cross bar behind the front seats but still have access to the rear seats, so i was just wondering if anyone has thought of or done anything to still carry 4-5 passangers?
Thanks

I thought about using a removable bar like on the door bars but was told that wasnt NHRA legal and the bar must be welded in. Since my daughter is young only 3 right now I figured she could craw over it for the next 5 years or so.

However your post got me to thinking if it would be NHRA legal to use a non traditional main hoop. One that protected the driver only and allowed rear passengers to enter and exit the rear seat from the passenger side.

Just thinking!

If your car will run slower that 11.49 and has the stock floor you don't need a roll bar per the NHRA rule book. Which meens you can put any kind of roll bar arrangement you want if your car will be slower than 11.49 with the stock floor or 11.99 with a modified floor.

-
Back