Roller cam and lifters question

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
If I were to go to a roller cam, I have heard the Bamm lifters are nice pieces.
My lifter bores are bushed. They drilled holes in the bushings to facilitate oiling.
I was told the other day that they recommend welding shut the oil hole in the Bamm lifters in order to run them with what I have going on.
Hadn’t ever heard of doing that before. He said not doing it creates excess windage.
Thoughts on that. Was told they do this mod to all the Mopar small blocks setup like mine

Did he explain the "excess windage" comment? Do the Bamm's have a passage axle oiling?

I use HIPPO lifters in mine. My engine builder likes them and they have been in there quite some time without issue.

I wonder if he's welding the oil hole for the pushrods. I don't think I'd want any welding done on the body.

I will ask him first of the week and find out.
He told me they send that out to be done, 100 dollar charge.
Just never heard of it.
I don’t pushrod oil, btw. Standard oiling

If I were to go to a roller cam, I have heard the Bamm lifters are nice pieces.
My lifter bores are bushed. They drilled holes in the bushings to facilitate oiling.
I was told the other day that they recommend welding shut the oil hole in the Bamm lifters in order to run them with what I have going on.
Hadn’t ever heard of doing that before. He said not doing it creates excess windage.
Thoughts on that. Was told they do this mod to all the Mopar small blocks setup like mine

I wonder if this is the modification @IQ52 did in this other thread. Page 6, post 126. He mentioned a large amount of oil flow from the lifter itself.

who is running MRL (BAM) Lifters without lifter bore sleeves

-
Back