Roller cam valve seals? Viton?

-

standup303

Reaction score
Are there any valve seals I can use with a dual roller spring that don’t require having the guides machined? The positive seals that came with my springs require machining.

All of the Viton style seals I see are .530 and my valve guides measure .630. Pics are the closest I’ve found.

IMG_9088.png

IMG_9087.png

Of course there are. Remember though, Viton seals aren't necessarily positively on the guides. Viton is a brand name for the type of rubber used on the seals. You can get umbrella seals made of Viton. Here's what I used on my slant 6 head.Keep in mind though, that .625 is the inside diameter. You need to be sure the ID if your inner sprAng is big enough for the OD of the seal. I feel sure it will be.
SEALS

Of course there are. Remember though, Viton seals aren't necessarily positively on the guides. Viton is a brand name for the type of rubber used on the seals. You can get umbrella seals made of Viton. Here's what I used on my slant 6 head.Keep in mind though, that .625 is the inside diameter. You need to be sure the ID if your inner sprAng is big enough for the OD of the seal. I feel sure it will be.
SEALS
Hell yeah! Those are perfect! My springs are .800 ID and those are .742 OD. Thank you!

-
Back