Roller Lifter Identification

-

monc440

Reaction score
I need some help to identify a set of roller lifters. They were in a 440 short block I just got and I disassembled the engine to freshen it up. When I was inspecting the lifters I found them in great shape and plan to reuse them but have one problem. One of the pushrod sockets came out of the lifter and is missing. I'm not sure if it was missing in the first place or it fell out when I was disassembling the engine and lost it. I would like to find out what they are so I can either get a replacement lifter or maybe just the pushrod socket. I think they are Mopar performance lifters but I'm not sure. They are needle bearing rollers. I have a few sets of old lifters, Crower and Comp but these don't match any of them.

The specs on the lifters are as follows; Body 0.903, Wheel 0.800, Pushrod seat height 1.500. The pushrod socket diameter is 0.697. See pictures below. Any help would be great.

mopar lifter 1.jpeg

mopar lifter 2.jpeg

mopar lifter 3.jpeg

mopar lifter 4.jpeg

Comp cams 829
I don't think they are 829 because they have a pushrod height of 1.79 and the roller is .750 if I'm not mistaken. I had some comp cams Elite Race roller lifters years ago that had .820 wheel?

If the 440Source pic is accurate, then it looks like they are a copy of the 829.
But who knows how close of a copy the are.

The Comps would have a wheel that’s .800”

The pushrod seat height spec is obtained with a .312” ball bearing in the lifter.
It’s listed as 1.79” for the 829.

Info back from 440 Source

Pushrod seat height is 1.790”, wheel diameter is .750”.

So these are not from them.

I don’t think so. The Engle lifters had an aluminum pushrod seat and they did not have captive links like that.

PRH called it early. That’s a Comp lifter. Look at the link bars. Comp for sure.
Yeah, now that you say that about the links...
They were not captive.

-
Back