Rollercoaster ride of emotions this week...

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
I got some good news and some bad news this week. The bad news is that my dad was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma again. I think this is his third bout. Basically, its a malignant skin cancer. He has to go in and have surgery on the 3rd of July, I think, to have it removed. It's right on the tip of his nose. My wife and I noticed it when he was in town a few weeks ago and told him to get it checked out when he got back home. He did, and this was the result. Hopefully it got caught soon enough. Please add him to your prayers.

The good news involves my sister. She had gone in for a mammogram, and it showed a cluster of suspicious lumps in one of her breasts. She told me that when they are clustered like they were, it is usually not a good sign. She had a biopsy done Monday, and found out yesterday that everything is fine. They are benign. So that balanced out the bad news from my dad. But it's still nerve wracking.

Prayers sent your way. Hope all goes well for your dad. tmm

Cancer sucks. Wife had a go-around with breast cancer. Treating it aggressively is the way to go...

-
Back