roof skin replacement questions

-

trbodrt

Reaction score
Should i be bracing the body to just do the skin, i've heard a few mixed responses, also should the car be on jack stands or on it's feet, i'm getting close to starting and want to make sure i don't screw anything up.

When I did mine it was on its feet and I didn't use any braces.. Was that the correct way? I don't know but it worked for me.. Good luck.

Skin-NO,but a complete roof,blocked and braces

Leave it on it wheels. Pay close attention to your door alignment and get them perfect without the striker in place. Once this is done you can proceed to remove the skin. Before rewelding it back on check both doors and make sure the alignment didn't move. If the alignment did moved, jack the car and hold there position while welding the new skin on. Be sure to remove the strikers they will lift the door even if it sags .

sounds good to me, i have my car on wheel dollies so i can pull the wifes car out and slide it to the middle of the garage when i need to work on it so if i can leave the car on those it will make life a lot easier, thanks for the responses.

-
Back