Rookie speedo question

-

Shmaako

Reaction score
I am putting back together my car and forgot what was involved with this speedo cable of mine. It's an A833 4 spd and the speedo wires into an aftermarket gauge. Question is,
Am I missing a shaft or something that fits in the centre holes? If so, where do I get one cause I have looked everywhere for something thats supposed to go here lol. (I thought I was so careful when I documented pulling this car apart...yeesh)
20200511_165548.jpg
20200511_165543.jpg
20200512_155820.jpg

Normally there is a hex on the end of the speedo cable shaft that would go into the hole in the transmission.
It looks like you would need a hex shaft to mate the two together, cut off Allen wrench?

Speedo cables are a square drive not a hex. Looks like you need a short piece of speedo cable.

If you have a good off road shop or someone who does a lot of lifted trucks and jeeps, they often deal with speedo correction. Maybe find parts there.

Speedometer/gauge restorers can make up any length cable you want. I used to make up new cables at the dealership from bulk as many relatively new car cables went bad.

-
Back