-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojoe9955

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Years ago I bought a used disc brake setup, didn't pay attention and somehow ended up with 2 left spindles. That being said, I'm looking for the right side
# 3402638.
Thanks
If you have 2 rights I'll trade you a left

I'm doing a disc conversion on a 72 Abody. These are the taller spindles from late model B bodies as well as FMJ càrs. Perhaps "not everyone knows part numbers", but part of that is important when searching for correct parts you're looking as well as "paying attention".
The shorter A&E body knuckle is #3402626, close, but not a match.
Even number suspenion parts are for the right, while odd numbers fit the left.
I hope this information is correct and helpful.

I have a "tall" one but I'm not sure which side it is.
Do the calipers mount forward or rearward on the spindle?

105_7800.JPG

Just to prevent any confusion, 3402638 is a casting number.
The Chrysler number from the parts catalog is 3402640.

I think they can go either side depending on how you want to mount your calipers. My 74 has them on the back, while my 72 has them on the front. I'm not sure if that or this is correct, the caliper mounting brackets, and calipers can be "swapped" to allow the caliper bleeder screws to be "up top". I think there are different brake hoses depending on which way the calipers are mounted.
I have the basic premise as I've done it more than a few times and pick up something new, knowledge or parts everytime.
I think I see 29 at the end which is a left.
Thanks

Just to prevent any confusion, 3402638 is a casting number.
The Chrysler number from the parts catalog is 3402640.
Thanks, I got the 3402638 info from the Car Tech B Body Knuckle Interchage article.
Thanks

If not here, I'll most definitely be able to it and many other parts at Carlisle this weekend. I'll be there from Thursday morning until Saturday afternoon depending on how the search and the weather goes.
Thanks

Thanks for reaching out Gramps, but after one more good search this morning, I found what I'm looking for in my stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back