Rubber questions

-

xlexl

Reaction score
I hope I don't get shot for this question.

So as some of you know I just picked up a '67 shell to act as a donor to my running and driving 68 Fish. I'm not certain how long i'll be able to be in this house and I have a garage here, and money is tight. I couldn't pass up this deal as it's the only way that i'll be able to afford to do the body work to my car, due to the fact it needs 2 1/4s 2 front floor pans and a fender. However I just opened Pandora's box and forced my hand.

Once im done with the body work and paint I have to swap over everything off my '68 in case I move I can't afford a storage unit big enough for my household goods that don't fit in an apartment AND 2 cars.

So here's the question...the car is getting blacked out anyway i.e. chrome window strips aren't going back on...do I HAVE to use the windshield gasket or can I use 3m window sealer that is the industry standard for sealing windshields? and will it work for the back window too?

I'm apparently completely missing how and why everything goes together and why and what can be substituted...

You can get a universial black trim for the edge of the glass that gives you a little better looking trim piece, but your gonna have to urethane that whole glass in and get it sat up off the pinchwelds properly to get it to look right, My buddy works for Safelite glass and I have helped him install many custom cut glass on custom vehicles and almost all don't look right just urethaned in! I would paint all the trim black instead and use the stock window seal, I think you are in for a whole lot of problems with just using urethane.

Thank's for the reply...sigh guess ill have to fork out the 100 bucks for a windshield seal...

-
Back