Running without a thermostat ok?

-
About the airflow....

Great point. Airflow is important through the front end and radiator.

Last year's Shelby mustangs did not have a grille because they needed the airflow. They realize that the warranty on the condenser will go up because of it, but it's cheaper than warranty'ing overheated engines and redesign the front end for more airflow.

The Grand Cherokee went from 8 openings in the grille to 7 larger ones somewhere between 93 - 95 as they gained 10% more airflow which they needed to reduce head pressure for the condenser as they were running close to the max under extreme conditions...

...and the issue about the FSM I would like to cover. The recommendation of getting an FSM (factory service manual) for your car has nothing to do with keeping you from asking questions or reducing your participation on the forum. That's a pretty crazy assumption. It's about getting you familiar with your car. I have never seen anyone actually argue against an instruction manual for their car.......especially in this case, because I think it is available on this site for free.

They have the best wiring diagrams for your car that you can find. Want to learn how to rebuild a rear end or steering box? Guess what? Those procedures are outlined in depth in the FSM. The reason I recommend them is to HELP people.

-
Back