Safe 8 3/4 axle lift

-
I guess it's better to be safe than sorry and I certainly appreciate the creativity, but I feel like this is solving a problem that doesn't exist. The *** end of these A-bodies are pretty dang light. Plus, instead of lifting from one point in the center, you just moved the lift point what, 8" either way? How much of a difference can that make?

Well we all do things differently. Just do it how you're comfortable and have at it.

So how much deformation can you have before your axles don't align with the differential? How straight were those housings from the factory you think?
some of the round-y round guys i know will put a few degrees in rear ends to get some camber. granted, it absolutely wore out everything with the quickness, but they were going thru components like changing bathwater so what was another set of bearings or axles for the weekend to them?

but i'd reckon to say it would take a specific, intentional, concerted effort to get enough deformation from lifting with a jack to have any appreciable problem.

-
Back