Same old /6 to 318 swap questions

-
Reaction score
If this is in the wrong forum please delete. But I have a 79 d100 with a slant 6 & A833. The old slant is wore completely out and I already have a 318 on the engine stand I’m going through and wanting to put in the truck. I know that People are going to say go with a 360 but the 318 was free and in good shape. The 318 came out of a 76 d100 with an auto. I’m wanting to know what parts do I need to get the swap started. I know I’ll need..

motor mounts
Bell housing
Clutch kit & flywheel
Radiator
Exhaust
And some other things

If anyone could help me out on a parts list I need it would be greatly appreciated. Also the A833 is in great shape so I’m wanting to keep it. The truck also has no power steering nor A/C.

the truck was my fathers and grandfathers and it has always been a farm truck and all I use it for is going to the ponds and a Sunday drive.

Bellhousing as well, z bar should be the same, if not you could always shorten it.

motor mounts were the same on 76 and 79 for each respective engine. do you need the frame stands and the rubber cushion parts, or just one or the other?

where is "Blackstock"? Interested in selling the (old) motor, trans, bellhousing?
how many miles on truck? Those slant 6s didn't "wear out" too quickly. Sure a good tuneup and valve adjustment, wouldn't get it back where it once was (or better) maybe a super 6 setup along the way?

where is "Blackstock"? Interested in selling the (old) motor, trans, bellhousing?
how many miles on truck? Those slant 6s didn't "wear out" too quickly. Sure a good tuneup and valve adjustment, wouldn't get it back where it once was (or better) maybe a super 6 setup along the way?
I’m in South Carolina and the slant 6 block numbers are 4343? Which i believe is an industrial engine. Has the Holley 1920 1BBL which I think it’s an early 70s model. I’m not sure if I’m going to sell the engine or not.

What block numbers are 4343?
Where were these numbers on the block?

Seems like an incomplete number, there should be 7 digits under the manifold on the driver side of the block.
What are the numbers on the block, right behind the alternator, by #1 spark plug, this will be a stamped number, there is a small "shelf" of sorts on the block there, stamped in ~1/4" tall characters

-
Back