Saw this 68 340 4 speed

-
I dunno. I have paid 6500 for a rust free '72 /6 duster with original paint. So to ask 19K and get 15 wouldnt be horrible. I was looking at mustangs for my lady and can get a 65 coupe completely done for 15, but say the word 'fastback' and the price doubles. Say the word 'mach' and add a little more....say the numers 69 or 70 and things get out of hand quick! So I guess its the words that cost the most. :lol:

Cant hurt to look.

Good luck with the search. If things are rust free it seems like its a bit easier.

I think if you delve deeper into that car, you'll find a mess of cobbled up parts. And that's from just looking at the pictures. i.e.; no carburetor, dent in PS front fender & grille surround, faded, discolored or primer paint on PS front fender, after market coil & intake. There is no telling what else can be found. To me, unless he has a TON of paperwork & documentation it isn't worth near what the asking price.

By the looks of those old race headers husler or super comp...car might be fast!!

I put valve on cars using Old Cars Price Guide which I don’t have with me, I’m mobile right now. As has been said, depends on what you want to do with it. Complete resto to factory stock could get stupid real fast. Fun car, looks alot more promising. Does it have fender tag and build sheet? To replace that passenger side grill assembly is pricey. I’ll try to remember to shoot you a pm when I get home on some price’s. Looks to be somewhere between a #3 and #4 car.

I think if you delve deeper into that car, you'll find a mess of cobbled up parts. And that's from just looking at the pictures. i.e.; no carburetor, dent in PS front fender & grille surround, faded, discolored or primer paint on PS front fender, after market coil & intake. There is no telling what else can be found. To me, unless he has a TON of paperwork & documentation it isn't worth near what the asking price.
drivers Quarter doesnt look so great either

I’ve seen that picture before. Use the search engine here. It been bright up before.

maybe sold and new flipper is using the old pictures. That, or it been for sale for over a year…if so that tells you something.

My 68 340-S notchback, numbers numbers motor & tag, is in better shape, no rust. Same burgundy with white interior, top, stripe…BUT it’s a column auto. And not for sale.

Here are additional pics she sent me
68 5.jpg
68 Barracuda.jpg
68 3.jpg
68 4.jpg

68 and 69 340 Notchbacks are the least valuable of all 68-71 340 comparable cars with like transmissions.

People can ask what they want doesn’t mean they will get it.
Yes this is what I mean, but it seems to me that more and more people would pay these types of prices for these types of cars. hell my buddy's chevy van that was stripped sold for 3,500 because it "had nice patina".

A381D175-21D8-450E-B0AB-0BC39C64B0FE.png
Yes this is what I mean, but it seems to me that more and more people would pay these types of prices for these types of cars. hell my buddy's chevy van that was stripped sold for 3,500 because it "had nice patina".
True gotcha the interior didn’t look too bad, and I do see the “x” on the heads

this 68 barracuda 340-s 4-SPD is not a $6500-8500 car…. But it’s not a $19.5K either. Especially with its current location in Michigan.

this 68 barracuda 340-s 4-SPD is not a $6500-8500 car…. But it’s not a $19.5K either. Especially with its current location in Michigan.
Yes, but these cars are getting hard to find. and while it might not be worth 19.5k, it could be worth more than that in 5 years, 10 years, or 15 years. There are people out there that buy cars and then just put them in long term storage until prices skyrocket.
Example: about 4 months after I bought my car, two guys in a brand new F-450 stopped in front of my house and offered me 10k for my little POS. Now I debate every now and then if were just trying to get my attention or if they were serious. But IF they were serious, it just shows how much cars are sought after nowadays.

that just looks normal for a non undercoated car…. That was in a very dry climate. Not Michigan.

trunk looks like my 50 year old trunk.

it sorta looks like it had a California “Black and Yellow” plate on the front.

Last edited:
Yes, but these cars are getting hard to find. and while it might not be worth 19.5k, it could be worth more than that in 5 years, 10 years, or 15 years. There are people out there that buy cars and then just put them in long term storage until prices skyrocket.
Example: about 4 months after I bought my car, two guys in a brand new F-450 stopped in front of my house and offered me 10k for my little POS. Now I debate every now and then if were just trying to get my attention or if they were serious. But IF they were serious, it just shows how much cars are sought after nowadays.

They are trying to manipulate you. Especially if they made that offer without getting up to car and inspecting it. You’re young and they see you as prey.

If your not selling, don’t invite them into your garage or property.

They are trying to manipulate you. Especially if they made that offer without getting up to car and inspecting it. You’re young and they see you as prey.

If your not selling, don’t invite them into your garage or property.
I didn't, I told them to stay at the fence and they did. Also, there is no way in hell I am selling my car. and the thing about the prey or seeing me as inexperienced is too true. so many times people on instagram and in real life have said things like "you probably don't know this, but do you know the year?" or my least favorite, "can I ask your dad some questions about the car?" damn people, i'm not an idiot.

Put another 20 grand into it and it'll almost be finished. Definitely a nice start but definitely a money pit.

I didn't, I told them to stay at the fence and they did. Also, there is no way in hell I am selling my car. and the thing about the prey or seeing me as inexperienced is too true. so many times people on instagram and in real life have said things like "you probably don't know this, but do you know the year?" or my least favorite, "can I ask your dad some questions about the car?" damn people, i'm not an idiot.

I got into this hobby at 17 years old. I feel ya!

And every once in a while people still play that “throw a blind offer out to open the door game” at me 30+ years later.

Get in touch with real live mopar hobbiest at local shows, swaps, Cruise-In’s, etc.

-
Back