Saw this today and have to share.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
“I saw this analogy and it made so much sense, so I’m sharing it with you
A bottle of water at Costco is $0.25.
The same bottle in the supermarket is worth about $0.50.
The same bottle in a bar costs $2.
In a good restaurant or hotel it can be worth up to $3.
At an airport or on the plane, you may be charged $5.
The bottle and the brand is the same, the only thing that changes is the place. Each place gives a different value to the same product.
When you feel like you are worth nothing and everyone around you belittles you, change places, do not stay there.
Have the courage to change places and go to a place where you are given the value you deserve. Surround yourself with people who really appreciate your worth.
Don't settle for less.”
Author Unknown

IMG_3427.jpeg

Same thing goes for food at a professional sporting event. I don't see how a family of four can afford to go to any professional sporting events and afford the tickets, parking, food and drink.

“I saw this analogy and it made so much sense, so I’m sharing it with you
A bottle of water at Costco is $0.25.
The same bottle in the supermarket is worth about $0.50.
The same bottle in a bar costs $2.
In a good restaurant or hotel it can be worth up to $3.
At an airport or on the plane, you may be charged $5.
The bottle and the brand is the same, the only thing that changes is the place. Each place gives a different value to the same product.
When you feel like you are worth nothing and everyone around you belittles you, change places, do not stay there.
Have the courage to change places and go to a place where you are given the value you deserve. Surround yourself with people who really appreciate your worth.
Don't settle for less.”
Author Unknown

View attachment 1716269771
I stole this! Thanks for the share!

I had to chuckle at this, my little 9 year old grand-daughter sold ice cold water for .50 cents, when there was a community yard sale a month of so ago.
She made like $60.00 profit.
Everybody else had it for a $1.00 a bottle.
The water cost like .10 cents a bottle at SAMS club, the wife picked it up on sale.
Little girl sat out there most of the day, until the water was gone.

I had to chuckle at this, my little 9 year old grand-daughter sold ice cold water for .50 cents, when there was a community yard sale a month of so ago.
She made like $60.00 profit.
Everybody else had it for a $1.00 a bottle.
The water cost like .10 cents a bottle at SAMS club, the wife picked it up on sale.
Little girl sat out there most of the day, until the water was gone.
And something tells me the gand daughter didn't buy her own inventory, so it's all profit

We get our water from the well... free, till the pump breaks!!!!!
we picked up an investment property up north earlier this year, basically, 4 walls and a leaky roof on a crumbling foundation
we just put in a well (and septic)

cant wait to try it , you know, once we get power so we can run the pump
i grew up on city water, but everyone i know who grew up on well water swears by it

we picked up an investment property up north earlier this year, basically, 4 walls and a leaky roof on a crumbling foundation
we just put in a well (and septic)

cant wait to try it , you know, once we get power so we can run the pump
i grew up on city water, but everyone i know who grew up on well water swears by it
Depends on the WATER!!!!!

Same thing goes for food at a professional sporting event. I don't see how a family of four can afford to go to any professional sporting events and afford the tickets, parking, food and drink.
The prices are really no different than a restaurant. I spent 20+ years in this part of the food business for a company that operates about 1/2 of all the pro parks. The margins are not what you think and the costs are high. Profit is about 5-10% depending. Not like the iPhone which as a profit margin of 60%…

A good friend is a supervisor at the baseball stadium here in Houston for a company named Ara****, I won't put in the entire name to protect him. He has told me that the profit margin is closer to 30-40% on the majority of the items they sell. And, the workers are paid as little as possible and have to work ridiculous hours from setup to take down. These people also have babysit some of the alcohol drinkers to make sure they are not over served and the company ends up in a law suit.

So yer telling me to go find a different forum :poke: :poke::rofl:

Someplace where people see my value?

Or is this the stadium and its really all i have to offer.... this is it..... that's all..... no more....

Sigh, luv you too?

Thanks PBR!!

So yer telling me to go find a different forum :poke: :poke::rofl:

Someplace where people see my value?

Or is this the stadium and its really all i have to offer.... this is it..... that's all..... no more....

Sigh, luv you too?

Thanks PBR!!
Yeah, now beat it Punk!!!!!!

Yeah, now beat it Punk!!!!!!
Ah, now those are words I can relate to.

Born a couple years too late to be a true punk but......its not the way you wear your hair.....its whats in your head.

To be true to the thread though, This is the only social media I belong to so for now, you are stuck with me.

Some peoples kids never learn.

Love Clem.

-
Back