SB shaft mounted spring compressors

-

crewchief

A & P Mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had success in using this compressor from COMP Cams 5323 Shaft Mount Valve Spring Compressor?

I have CompCam 901-16 springs installed on my 340 J heads with 2.02's. I need to replace the seals with heads installed.

Is there a better tool out there that anyone might have experience with?

Tks

Last edited:
It a shame that the 5323 is so pricey even more that the BB

I have 2 Lisle (see pics), the red handled one I dont like/trust. The other one that has a "geared" handle is ok, BUT by the time you have removed 16 springs(or in my case sooner lol) your hands and arm are ready to fall off.
Good thread in "how to" section I believe on a home made one which I hope to do someday.

16750c_BD5C43E01122A.jpeg

149958.jpeg

Plum, how did it work for you?
Don't have that model myself but the reviews are good on the piece. Check Summit Racing I believe its almost the same as the Comp piece.
I built the one I use years ago after a model that Ed Hamburger use to sell.

Sure, but for some reason I can not post an image.
Send me a PM with your email address and I will you a picture

Has anyone had success in using this compressor from COMP Cams 5323 Shaft Mount Valve Spring Compressor?

I have CompCam 901-16 springs installed on my 340 J heads with 2.02's. I need to replace the seals with heads installed.

Is there a better tool out there that anyone might have experience with?

Tks
Hey. I make valve spring compressors for both, std 426 for $195and 426 hemi running Chevy style pushrods for $395. Go to YouTube and text in valve spring compressor 426 hemi. Both of these compressors work with any intake manifold and any valve spring. I can make you one but it won’t be cheap. $195+freight. Satisfaction guaranteed.

Hey. I make valve spring compressors for both, std 426 for $195and 426 hemi running Chevy style pushrods for $395. Go to YouTube and text in valve spring compressor 426 hemi. Both of these compressors work with any intake manifold and any valve spring. I can make you one but it won’t be cheap. $195+freight. Satisfaction guaranteed.
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind

-
Back