Sb vs bb 727

-

Reaction score
I imagine everything inside the trannys are interchangeable are the torque converters also ??

Last edited:
Yes unless u got a lock up versus non lock up. 1978 was the only year for a B.B. lock up. The spline angle was changed in the mid 70s on the output shaft, so if w u want to change the gear train u will have to swap the shaft also. Kim

Not everything is always interchangeable. They made changes throughout the yrs. As long as their very close to the same year most things will interchange. The early units also had a different spline count on the input shaft so they require a different converter so there are 3 possibilities of converters

Not everything is always interchangeable. They made changes throughout the yrs. As long as their very close to the same year most things will interchange. The early units also had a different spline count on the input shaft so they require a different converter so there are 3 possibilities of converters

The reason I ask is cause the 727 in my car is a rebuild and if I decided to go big block, I could use the guts out of mine along with the stall and put it into bb case.

If your SB 727 is a complete transmission, everything will interchange to a BB case.

-
Back