SBP to BBP Adapters & Mopar Police Wheels & Tires?

-

TripleJackInGA

Master of None
Reaction score
Anyone running stock police rims on a SBP car with adapters, and if so, what size tires?
I like the looks of these wheels, but not sure about using adapters, or what size tires would fit.
This would be going on a 72 Dart 4-door with stock suspension.

Thanks!

Anyone running stock police rims on a SBP car with adapters, and if so, what size tires?
I like the looks of these wheels, but not sure about using adapters, or what size tires would fit.
This would be going on a 72 Dart 4-door with stock suspension.

Thanks!
Dont know if this will help ya but I have a 255/60r15 in the rear of mine without adapters Those rims sit real nice under the rear wheel wells

Helps a bit, but the Police Wheels ya can't get in 5x4, so it would require adapters. I have one of the wheels, so I may eyeball the SOB.

Helps a bit, but the Police Wheels ya can't get in 5x4, so it would require adapters. I have one of the wheels, so I may eyeball the SOB.
When i get home Ill measure a rim without a tire and see how much outside clearance i have Then then you can see how thick your adapters are

When i get home Ill measure a rim without a tire and see how much outside clearance i have Then then you can see how thick your adapters are

I actually have 2 of these rims without tires, so I can just put the car on my Brother's lift later today and do the same, so you don't need to go to the trouble.
Thanks for the offer though!

I think they're going to be tight on the fender side. Keep in mind that the rims already have the right offset for these cars without the adapters. The police rims are 15x7 with a 4 inch backspace

The narrowest SBP to LBP adapters I've seen are over 1/2 an inch thick. Even on the narrow side, that will mean your effective backspace will only be 3 1/2 inches. Not saying it won't work, but it will definitely effect the width of the tires you'll be able to fit without rubbing on the fender.

-
Back