Scammer?

-

torredcuda

Reaction score
Got a PM from ra11, Roy Shelley, about a wanted ad, anyone know him? No posts and wants payment thru money gram so I just figured I`d warn anyone else getting a response from him.

I am sure (s)he went down a list and probably the same person that hit before using a different name now.
I learned my lesson - money gram = SCAM. If they cant maintain or create a paypal acct we will not be doing business.

Ya a bunch of red flags went up on this one, not even a very convincing scammer!

"Yes, I still have the 8 3/4 for sale in excellent shape and condition.
Asking $450 shipped. I will be shipping via UPS or FedEx whichever you
prefer and shall accept payment via Money gram as my PayPal is
dormant. What's your shipping address?"

No way I`d pay even half that for a c-body rear anyway!!

Wow! I never thought of that. What a way to sell parts. Post an ad, then pm people that they can have it at my very low asking price.... "you have been chosen by higher powers to purchase my parts...."

also look out for this guy BBjj221 aka Brian jhonson says he has a fiberglass hood for a 69 valiant or 70 / 72 duster for 200.00 shipped from ga says his pay pal is dormant and to send the payment by western union no photos. claims but don't worry it in perfect shape. yah right. oh yah only 1 post and never came back.

The "western union" reference is interesting. we don't have one of those where I am but that's the way the recent scams want the money transferred. Friends have had their e-mail hacked and then you get some crazy e-mail from their account saying their kidnapped or stuck somewhere without money, send $1000 via western union. Another one that's going around is a ph call from one of your grandkids witha similar story, my Mom just had that one. All these bastards should be strung up by their balls

About the paypal thing.I am 61 and the less my wife of 41 years knows about my car dealings the better off I am.Just my situation on parts dealings,Kevin.

Both scammers taken care of. Let a mod know about scammers, don't just post about it. We will respond faster if we don't have to read a thread.

One more reason for a "Forum of Shame".....

No, these guys will change email addresses / usernames and be someone else tomorrow. So your "forum of shame" does no good.

I will never do a transaction through Western Union.

If I am dealing with someone that I think might be a scammer, I always request a picture with the current days news paper and the part in it. That will give me an area of where they are located. It slows down just grabbing a picture off the net. There is always the possibility that they could Photoshop it but I think most are not going to take that much time when there are so many other easy targets out there.

I will also get a phone number and call them but even that with the throw away cell phones might not help in the long run. I always Google the phone number and any other identifying information that I have.

The biggest thing is that I never send money that I am not prepared to loose if the deal goes wrong and I can't recover it.

I am sure (s)he went down a list and probably the same person that hit before using a different name now.
I learned my lesson - money gram = SCAM. If they cant maintain or create a paypal acct we will not be doing business.

Ya I got screwed once with moneyscam! I'll never use anything but Paypal with a credit card unless it's a well known member on here.

A little tip to help you guys out. Even Paypal can refuse to refund your money (Go read their Terms of Service) especially if the recipient has removed the funds from their Paypal account. If you use a credit card through Paypal then you are covered under your credit cards fraud protection. Almost all CC companies offer free fraud protection, but don't just assume. Double check the paperwork for your card or simply call the CC company. Also, all AMEX cards have fraud protection!

-
Back