Scamp bumper?

-

green75dart

Reaction score
Is a 74/75 scamp front bumper the same as what a dart sport uses? If not what other models used the same front bumper? I found one close by and it looks the same to me with the point but I can't find a for sure answer.

Scamp is a Plymouth so a Duster will work. BUT there is another variable to watch for: Standard vs "shock absorber" style bumper brackets. Chances are that you will have the latter "shock absorber" style brackets, but double check. Those latter bumpers are easily identifiable by 2 extra carriage bolt fastening locations, one on each side of the top of the license plate area. They may have started using them on Scamps in '74 but definitely in '75 & '76. Be careful, they weigh a LOT!

I have the shock mount bumpers and the one I found does have the extra two holes. So a duster front bumper is also the same as long as it's the shock mount type? What about the rear duster bumper? I swear I read somewhere they were different, but again to me they do look the same. Thanks for the info you have been saving me lately!

Duster & Dart front bumpers are not the same. Dart Sport has a bigger point or beak. They just both gained the extra license plate carriage bolt locations when they went to the "shock absorber brackets".

Dodge Dart Sport can also interchange with Dodge Swinger, Custom, Special & SE as long as the mounting configuration is the same.

The rear bumpers went through the same transition on Dart Sports & Dusters (Scamp, Swinger, etc. are totally different.) Normally, '73 & older use standard brackets. The '74+ I've seen have the shock absorbers but late '73 models may have started to change. Just check the brackets.

Just to clarify, in this case, Dart Sport and Duster only rear bumpers will interchange as long as they have the same mounting configuration.

Last edited:
-
Back