Schumaker vs TTI Headers

-
Which Edelbrock heads?

Some of their headers will only work with raised port heads if you have a low deck block. (i.e. victor eddy heads)

These headers (http://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClassics-Headers/400SR-218/TTi400SR-218.htm) will work with standard port heads like the Eddy EZ street, performer and performer RPm)

They are performer rpm heads. So I take it that there are no modifications that would need to be made on the fender wells and no pounding on the tubes to get around the trans or power steering. Correct?

Thank you for the link. It doubled the money I had planned for. Seems I have to get rid of the power steering, get ports for the temp prob and O2 sensors (didn't even think of those, FAST efi). Then there is the modification of the floor shift linkage. And modifications of the collector tube to the exhaust. I'm thinking of staying with the 440 exhaust manifolds. I feel like a cheap *** or a smart puppy, not sure which. Thanks for all your help. One more question, what does an evacuation tube do?

They are performer rpm heads. So I take it that there are no modifications that would need to be made on the fender wells and no pounding on the tubes to get around the trans or power steering. Correct?

Thank you for the link. It doubled the money I had planned for. Seems I have to get rid of the power steering, get ports for the temp prob and O2 sensors (didn't even think of those, FAST efi). Then there is the modification of the floor shift linkage. And modifications of the collector tube to the exhaust. I'm thinking of staying with the 440 exhaust manifolds. I feel like a cheap *** or a smart puppy, not sure which. Thanks for all your help. One more question, what does an evacuation tube do?

No mods to fenderwells or tubes.

you don't have to order the ports for probes if you don't want to.

the floor shift linkage just requires you to flip the attachment piece to the valve body upside down. It takes about 5 min.

Evap tubes are great but you can't run the with mufflers. If you want something better than a PCV valve you'll need to run a vacuum pump. Evac tubes create positive crankcase ventilation.

I installed my 440 using Schumacher motor mounts and shims. Installed Schumacher headers with manual steering. I had no problems at all. My motor made 500 HP on the Dyno. Car ran it fastest time of 11.35s. It will average in the 11.40s depending on the weather. Yes the TTIs would make more HP, how much is the question.

View attachment 1715162428

View attachment 1715162429

View attachment 1715162430

View attachment 1715162431
68Dodge,
I enjoy your posts regarding the Schumacher headers. Such helped influence my choice to use them on my Cuda!

Glen

Schumacher are MIA. Unless you already have a set , they are like finding hen's teeth. :lol:
Naw, they are easy to find used or brand new from Schumacher. They are a very slight performance compromise (2 tenths of a second in the 1/4 mile), but are way better in a street car fit and maintenance wise. I found a great conditioned used set for under $400.00 Canadian. Like anything, you will eventually find what you are looking for.

Glen

Naw, they are easy to find used or brand new from Schumacher. They are a very slight performance compromise (2 tenths of a second in the 1/4 mile), but are way better in a street car fit and maintenance wise. I found a great conditioned used set for under $400.00 Canadian. Like anything, you will eventually find what you are looking for.

Glen

I wish it were that easy !
Schumacher is currently out of business. So new is not an option right now. Maybe later this year he will be back. As for used , I am looking . If you know of a good set L t me know.
Thanks !

I wish it were that easy !
Schumacher is currently out of business. So new is not an option right now. Maybe later this year he will be back. As for used , I am looking . If you know of a good set L t me know.
Thanks !
I just ordered and received a set of motor mounts, torque strap and some other parts from Schumacher. They are indeed still in business. Maybe try calling them. Michael Schumacher was quite helpful.

Glen

I just ordered and received a set of motor mounts, torque strap and some other parts from Schumacher. They are indeed still in business. Maybe try calling them. Michael Schumacher was quite helpful.

Glen
I will give him a call. I have spoken with him last month, maybe it's just that they are not making headers right now. I did not ask about other items.
Thanks

Still in business

Screenshot_20200314-102939_Facebook.jpg

There are currently 2 used sets of Schumacher big block headers listed on eBay (not mine) if anyone is looking.

Strange if he sold the business they would still be able to be contacted via the same email as before
How do you know he sold?

When I last spoke to him , he said he is ‘relocating’. Some people have had luck ordering mounts or torque straps , but headers are long gone. He has been telling me ‘ check back in 8-10 weeks since early last summer. It’s a “wait and see “ kind of thing.

Are tti and Schumacher the only options? I'm looking for a set also if anyone knows of any..

X2 Currently have TTI long tubes and it’s PITA to change spark plugs or reach the starter. Looking around for options. Even considering manifolds

X2 Currently have TTI long tubes and it’s PITA to change spark plugs or reach the starter. Looking around for options. Even considering manifolds
I have a 440 block with Indy Heads and 2 inch TTI's in my 71 Demon and everything is tight as hell.

shoe's are exhaust manifolds from tubes , no lengths are the same , and there not even proper tri-y's , tti is performance tube design and will make more power longer than shoe's .

it's like comparing apples to oranges. I have had schumacher's and they exceptionally easy to install, easy spark plug access, and are a nice fit. A little reduction of power is a downer, but the other considerations is a positive. I have not had TTIs on my car, but have had CPPAs on a 69 Barracuda with a 440+6 engine, major pain in the *** to install, poor ground clearance, tough spark plug access, great power. Unfortunately, it is hard to have it all in a small a-body engine compartment with a big block.

Glen

The test I saw was a full 3 tenths !

-
Back