Scratch your dash

-

orangedust

Reaction score
I installed my new dash from just dashes and my instrument cluster, I had the steering column lowered to give me some extra clearance.
When I was guiding the cluster back in place, hooking up the gauge terminal and heater controls, the speedometer fitting on the gauge scratched the under side of my 350.00 new dash I did'nt even see it doing it, I was looking at the heater contols and defroster tubes to see if they were getting smushed when I was putting the cluster in. I was so frickin mad I punched this 5.0 mustang sitting next to my car and busted the quarter window. (Putting a motor in this guys 5.0 by the way.) It should'nt
have been there. Anyhow I know it is scratched but you can't really tell unless you look under it I am going to try to touch it up somehow. Just be extra careful when installing gauge clusters with new dash pads. :violent1:

:silent: o dam sorry to hear that man, take it easy, i cant really talk i could see me doing the exact same thing(plus its a ford...got it comming) maybe you could get some touch up paint and fix it good luck with everything :thumblef:

edit: oops dang this is another old thread :silent:

-
Back