Seat belt hole on new floor board

-

clementine

Flight risk
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello FABO!
At some point this car got a new floor i think. (I think.) There is a hole for where i assume (i assume) the outside seat belt bolts. Do I assume (dangerous) that there is a factory nut in the body on the other side? Is the factory nut on this 67 barracuda fastback part of the inner rocker? or do i put one in?

Thanks FABO!

On my Demon, that hole goes through the floorpan and into the rocker. The outside belt is actually anchored to the rocker panel, not the floor pan. The inners have a large metal plate attached to the underside of the floorpan that the seatbelt bolt threads into.

On my Demon, that hole goes through the floorpan and into the rocker. The outside belt is actually anchored to the rocker panel, not the floor pan. The inners have a large metal plate attached to the underside of the floorpan that the seatbelt bolt threads into.
Thank you!

the factory nut on this 67 barracuda fastback part of the inner rocker? or do i put one in
The bolt points to the outside of the car there is a captive nut welded inside the rocker. You can not get to the back side of the nut.

You should be able to take the kickplates off and pull back the carpet to see the hole and test fit the bolt.

20210110_101414.jpg
16103194730902065420380.jpg
The bolt points to the outside of the car there is a captive nut welded inside the rocker. You can not get to the back side of the nut.

You should be able to take the kickplates off and pull back the carpet to see the hole and test fit the bolt.

Agreed. I have the hole that goes through the floor. It seems like a new floor. The picture shows nothing behind it. So either there is another layer before the rocker, or they put the floor in and it doesnt line up. Do you see what I am saying? Posting pic in a sec. I thought I had already done that ...sorry.

Last edited:
Have a look from underneath between the floor pan and rocker. That may give you some insight. I can get you a measurement tomorrow of the hole if you need it. Let me know.

The repro floor was duplicated from a newer year. I have installed 2 of them into Barracudas and that hole in the new floor is too far reward. Unfortunately I can not tell you how much, but i have a picture to show you what I mean.

P5050027.JPG

so you have the repro hole welded and the yellow marked hole lines up with the captured rocker nut.

thanks ! thats a big help!

-
Back