seat belt reinforcement brackets

-

awg329

Reaction score
Hi all. Looking at my 76 duster rear seat belt retractors. I had to fabricate my inner wheelhouses and i thought there was a reinforcement bracket for the rear seat belt retractor attaching bolt. Can't find any pictures here......Been a long time since I started the project....lol !

I guess maybe I should ask " Should my Duster have a reinforcement bracket for the rear seatbelt retractor mounting bolt located in the wheelhouse ??? " The mounting bolt goes from the wheelhouse into the passenger compartment and uses a nut to secure the rear seatbelt retractor. I thought it had a reinforcement plate on the outside wheelhouse, but I don't remember and I havn't found any pictures that show. Thanks for any help !:???:

Sooooo.............Could someone please post a pic of the rear seatbelt attatching stud, viewed from the wheelhouse ????? THanks in advance !

Sooooo.............Could someone please post a pic of the rear seatbelt attatching stud, viewed from the wheelhouse ????? THanks in advance !

Did you ever get this sorted? I might be able to provide pictures if you need. That area on my Duster was rusted out, so I had to rebuild my seat belt stud and weld in some patches to the outer wheel well. It's rough and ugly but should hold.

Did you ever get this sorted? I might be able to provide pictures if you need. That area on my Duster was rusted out, so I had to rebuild my seat belt stud and weld in some patches to the outer wheel well. It's rough and ugly but should hold.
Thanks Joe. I decided to make my reinforcement out of a 2"x3" peice of thicker sheet metal. I spot welded the stud to this peice and then attached it to the wheelhouse with 6 plug welds. Ugly, but it will work !
View attachment 0125152051a.jpg

View attachment 0125152051.jpg

-
Back