Seat track lube

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all I have my bench seat out for repairs and was wondering what lube you would suggest for seat tracks and mechansims before i put it back in car? Spray? light grease? Thanks

I cleaned and refinished my seat tracks. I felt a lite grease would be best , like the factory. Being an old dirt biker, I used a spray can of chain lube. The way chain lube works- it's a grease loaded with solvent. The solvent allows the watered down grease to penetrate/flow into small areas. Then the solvent evaporates away leaving the grease behind. If you are careful, it won't be messy.

like a silicone lube spray would that be dry Rusty?

Aeroshell22 all temperature synthetic grease. It has no odor. Perfect for this and for stuff like window regulator mechanism and window roller tracks.

From the factory it was lubriplate. Still soft on most of my 50 year old tracks. If you have that much dirt in your car that it attaches to your seat tracks you either have holes in your floors or your a slob. Brush on a dab of lubriplate it spreads by itself when they move. 50 years from now when your dead let the next guy re do them.

Lubriplate or generic white lithium grease.

You can keep most of it in the completely covered area of the tracks.

...and if you're disassembling them, take note (or pics) of the way the slides come out. If you put them in backwards, you lose an inch or more of adjustment travel.

-
Back