SEATS TO WIDE ?

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
The guy i bought my 67 barracuda from had to buy seats for it because it didnt have any when he bought it. It was auto on the floor & i changed it to 4spd. When i put the driver side seat up it hits the floor hump. The bottom of the seats measure 22 inches across. The seats look like they are from a 67 & have the same pattern as my back seat. Not sure why its hitting.

Pictures. We need pictures.

Of the seats, of the brackets, of where the holes are in the floor, and the transmission hump. Because any of those things could be in the wrong spot, or the wrong part.

So the seat will go in, but once installed and slid all the way forward it hits the hump?

Here 2 pics The picture you can see the original seat whole in the floor. I moved the seat over towards the door an inch hoping that would help. It did alittle. Seat still hits the hump

CUDA SEAT HITTING 001.JPG

CUDA SEAT HITTING 002.JPG

Not sure for 67, but there are spacers that go under the seat to raise it, the manual doesn't show them for A-Body's but does for B but from what I;ve read A-bodys did come with them.

From my 69 Manual.

1668707751575.png

1668707694032.png

Not sure for 67, but there are spacers that go under the seat to raise it, the manual doesn't show them for A-Body's but does for B but from what I;ve read A-bodys did come with them.

From my 69 Manual.

View attachment 1716011696

View attachment 1716011693

[/URL][/URL]
i have 4 of those plastic spacers & i tried them & it doesnt get the seat high enough with seat in the original wholes I havent tried them with the seat moved over it will be close

If everything is correct, you shouldn’t need to move the seat over. So, back to the original question, can you post pictures of the mounting locations and seats? So we can actually have a decent chance at figuring out what’s going on?

The just a picture of the corner of the seat touching the tunnel isn’t particularly helpful in identifying the seat, or if it has the right tracks, brackets and mounting locations, or if the holes in the floor are in the correct spot. All it tells us is that there’s contact, which you already said.

If everything is correct, you shouldn’t need to move the seat over. So, back to the original question, can you post pictures of the mounting locations and seats? So we can actually have a decent chance at figuring out what’s going on?

The just a picture of the corner of the seat touching the tunnel isn’t particularly helpful in identifying the seat, or if it has the right tracks, brackets and mounting locations, or if the holes in the floor are in the correct spot. All it tells us is that there’s contact, which you already said.
let me take the seat out and get more pics

Why is it so hard to help people? Pics are so damn easy to take and post.
Fyi those look like 67 abody seats, and 67 didnt have a spacer. I've had our seats in and out more times than I care to remember. Factory buckets console.

You are also missing a large spring, you can see it supposed to go in the empty notch in the "square" piece. If that's the case your tracks may not be moving in "sync" with each other and get cockeyed.

-
Back