Seeing the thread about the USPS bought back some memories....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Had a customer try to move using the Postal Service. He packed all of his belongings into boxes. Put one piece of mail that qualifies as "media mail" in each box and tried to get away with it. Some smartass cut one of the packages open (was well within my rights to do so) to verify that he was trying to cheat the USPS. The window service supervisor contacted the Post Office where these boxes were going....they had just gotten the first 3 BMC's of boxes. He was notified that he had to go to the Post Office to pick up his boxes. He showed up with a Uhaul. Once all the boxes postage was "adjusted" from media to 4th class this asshat owed the USPS $27k.
My asshole sister tried doing the same thing.....my carrier told me that me presence was requested at his station. I stopped on my way to work the next day. Had my ID badge so they let me go into the back of the facility...I "suggested" they have someone cut open a box or two. Cost her just under $3k to have the USPS release her packages....

IMO The USPS is The Only Efficient and Trustworthy Entity the Gubm'nt has anything to do with...
Now, They've pretty much Slain them. My Favorite Entity is Goin'-Down.
At Least there's still a Fed-ex and Ups... Sad really.

-
Back