Seized camber bolts!

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
I have 2 seized camber bolts on my Duster both back one's are seized in the steel sleeves! :(
Anybody have any tricks on getting them out?
Or am i gonna just have to cut them to get them out like i did my Scamp?

EvilScamp said:
I have 2 seized camber bolts on my Duster both back one's are seized in the steel sleeves! :(
Anybody have any tricks on getting them out?
Or am i gonna just have to cut them to get them out like i did my Scamp?

Wow, thats a tough job. :puker:

Your going to have to get a sawzall between the A arm and frame pivot and cut away. NOT a fun job.... But I've had good sucess with the old Mopar penetrant. The stuff that came in the gray/black/white can and sprayed out a think gloppy mess that stuck to the surface and did a great job of loosening the tough ones.

In a situation like this sometimes it's best to have a professional do it, such as an alignment shop that KNOWS what they're doing. Sometimes a well placed torch in the right hands will do the trick.

And no, this is NOT another round of " It's only money" teasing. If it looks too involved, bail out before it gets messy. Shops HATE trying to follow up a nightmare..... :shock:

Good luck. :thumleft:

PB Blaster works wonders sometimes. Just shoot it every day for a week, then use a long breaker bar and a hammer. Put pressure on the breaker, and then tap with the hammer down near the socket. Also try rocking them back and forth until they break free. Good luck. :salut:

I have it soaked in PB Blaster now but i don't think it's gonna work.
Probably gonna end up using the saws all to cut them out out!

As for taking it somewhere to get it done that ain't gonna happen i don't trust most of the shops around here i'll just do it myself.

EvilScamp said:
I have it soaked in PB Blaster now but i don't think it's gonna work.
Probably gonna end up using the saws all to cut them out out!

As for taking it somewhere to get it done that ain't gonna happen i don't trust most of the shops around here i'll just do it myself.

Well THAT just flat-out sucks! Make sure you wear some thick leather gloves so you don't hack up your hands, or have them get caloused up from the vibration.

Good luck :salut:

-
Back