Shift improver kit

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
well today i took my trans pan off my 904 in my cuda to replace the gasket and filter i believe the gasket was leaking. anyways while i was getting the gasket/filter a friend sugested why not get a shift improver kit. How hard are these to install, could i do it myself i have no experince in transmissions at least i knew how to drop the pan so the fluid doesnt pour out :lol: do i just drop the valve body drill some holes move the ball thingys around. where can i get a good directions to installing a kit, id prefer to find something online apposed to paying for a guide :toothy7: ? i did search but couldnt really come up with anything

you get the instructions when you buy a kit. I recommend a TransGo TF-2 kit (try Bulkpart.com for one). It would be best to have someone with you thats taken one apart before. You do have to keep squeaky clean, drop the valve body (remove linkages, parking prowl, keep track of where everything It can be done pretty easily, just a recommendation to have someone around thats done it once or twice. just my .02cents

-
Back