ShiftKit Duster 904

-
Not stupid at all but I don't know...........Different shifters have different "throw." I used to have a BM and now use a Cheetah and both of them use different levers on the transmission,, and both those levers are different "throw" than the OEM Mopar. What you need--is try going to the BM website and look up the specific shifters. Some, you must order the lever for your specific transmission type separate from the shifter

looks like you are looking for two things
a shift kit (to change the way the transmission shifts)

that would be something like this

B&M 10226 B&M Shift Improver Kits | Summit Racing

then you say you want to change the gas and the transmission (shifter?) to wire

that would be these three things

throttle (gas) cable

Lokar TC-1000HT Lokar Hi-Tech Throttle Cables | Summit Racing

kickdown cable

DODGE Lokar KD-2904HT Lokar Hi-Tech Kickdown Kits | Summit Racing

transmission shifter

Hurst Shifters 3838500 Hurst Pro-Matic Shifters | Summit Racing

now, keep in mind, these are just picks of things that will work, not reccomendations on wich one you should use, just offered as a starting point for you

whichever components you pick, they need to play together (for instance, the shifter (4th item) needs to match the pattern of the shift kit (first item)

and unless you get a FULL MANUAL valve body (thats one of the options of the shift kit) you will NEED a kickdown set up (3rd item i listed) or you will kill the transmission

so, think about what you want, and then get specifics and go from there

Thanks so much. Yes. Is a little fast. the gas already has wires. :thankyou:

looks like you are looking for two things
a shift kit (to change the way the transmission shifts)

that would be something like this

B&M 10226 B&M Shift Improver Kits | Summit Racing

then you say you want to change the gas and the transmission (shifter?) to wire

that would be these three things

throttle (gas) cable

Lokar TC-1000HT Lokar Hi-Tech Throttle Cables | Summit Racing

kickdown cable

DODGE Lokar KD-2904HT Lokar Hi-Tech Kickdown Kits | Summit Racing

transmission shifter

Hurst Shifters 3838500 Hurst Pro-Matic Shifters | Summit Racing

now, keep in mind, these are just picks of things that will work, not reccomendations on wich one you should use, just offered as a starting point for you

whichever components you pick, they need to play together (for instance, the shifter (4th item) needs to match the pattern of the shift kit (first item)

and unless you get a FULL MANUAL valve body (thats one of the options of the shift kit) you will NEED a kickdown set up (3rd item i listed) or you will kill the transmission

so, think about what you want, and then get specifics and go from there

What does a full manual valve body mean and how is it different from what came on the transmission

What does a full manual valve body mean and how is it different from what came on the transmission
a full manual in essence changes the automatic transmission to a "manual without a clutch"
it means it will not upshift on its own anymore, nor will it down shift on its own anymore

a full manual in essence changes the automatic transmission to a "manual without a clutch"
it means it will not upshift on its own anymore, nor will it down shift on its own anymore
I case I don’t understand what diymirage is saying is that u have to shift it to every gear up or down, starting in first gear when moving foreword. Kim

-
Back