Shipping

-
Its not easy, and its expensive.
I have made a few purchases from fabo members and with duty and shipping i still got what i wanted,for less than i could find it here in canada.

I am about to take a plunge, importing products from the states, for resale. Doesent look to be that easy though. I need to secure a broker, reliable freight company and get an importers license. I may learn a few things along the way, maybe i will be able to assist my fellow canadians with goods from the us. It will be a slow process if it happens at all.

I am about to take a plunge, importing products from the states, for resale. Doesent look to be that easy though. I need to secure a broker, reliable freight company and get an importers license. I may learn a few things along the way, maybe i will be able to assist my fellow canadians with goods from the us. It will be a slow process if it happens at all.

I have dealt with a company in Canada that repairs electronics (this guys know his stuff and specifically the Industry I work in) and knew how to play the game in regards to shipping To/ From Canada to USA. Very specific on times and stated value and packaging. Did it twice and he was spot on. You just need to figure it out.

Alot of members on here know Nicks garage. IMO he is a staple of what the interest level is on the other side of us where it gets mighty cold and snowy. My advice is if you want to sell items be open minded and work with others whether buying or selling. It's fair and in today's technology this is now a daily occurrence without problems....

JW

Come on, man. Have some pride in yourself.

why waste time typing the ''long/correct'' version of something any FOOL can understand !??
I u dont like abreviations , dont read them , unbeleivable what some clowns piss and moan about !

Neither pissing nor moaning has occurred. I've never had VD or anything like that.
Text speak/writing is a failure of proper English usage and an embarrassment to society.

Neither pissing nor moaning has occurred. I've never had VD or anything like that.
Text speak/writing is a failure of proper English usage and an embarrassment to society.

SUGJEST U TELL SOMEBODY THAT CARES ! BET 99% OF THE MEMBERS DONT GIVE A RATS *** !!

Who in the heel said anything about v d ? Which is an abreviation -----------

I totally agree. I'm not going to correct people's grammar or spelling, but I am a big fan of proper verbal and written communication. I believe texting, Emails and social media have destroyed those skills. For most of my adult life, I was in positions where ineffective communication skills were simply not an option. During the twenty years I was an Air Force officer, my communications had to be perfect. When you are doing things like planning large exercises, briefing large groups of high ranking officers and flying difficult missions, there is no room for error. Then I worked at a Federal Home Loan Bank for about eighteen years. Nine years in internal audit and nine years in Market Risk Analysis. Once again, no room for ineffective communication skills in those jobs either. I am not going to bad mouth anyone for poor grammar of spelling, but I will say that the decay in those skills does sadden me.

It's all just a money grab. We're all on the same hunk of dirt. They could make it easy. They want to make money.

I messaged a guy from speedmaster, he said they don’t get a very good rate from FedEx. So I asked how they can ship for free in the states. Then I mentioned that maybe they should get a different carrier. No reply back.

I messaged a guy from speedmaster, he said they don’t get a very good rate from FedEx. So I asked how they can ship for free in the states. Then I mentioned that maybe they should get a different carrier. No reply back.
Problem is, there’s not another carrier in th game.

Not even UPS? Other companies have high shipping too but not as high as Speedmaster. I would think they ship as much as Hegs or Summit. Kim

Last edited:
Speedmaster wanted $154.00 to ship a $10.00 timing tab. U don’t think that’s rediculous? Granted the shipping wasnt as bad the more items I added to the cart. The

I just looked it up and you can send usps flat rate boxes internationally and they create the customs forms for you. International flat rate starts at 26.

View attachment 1715637473

I will have to look into this !
The dummies at my post office tells me I have to come in to get a quote and to ship.
The problem I have with shipping there is boxing it up and go get a quote ,come back home give the buyer the amount. And he says he doesn't want to pay that much, then I've wasted time and money. On numerous occasions. Or could you hold it for me till the boarder is open again.
But Kevin this could change things for me if I can ship from home online. Thanks.

The dummies at my post office tells me I have to come in to get a quote and to ship.
The problem I have with shipping there is boxing it up and go get a quote ,come back home give the buyer the amount. And he says he doesn't want to pay that much, then I've wasted time and money. On numerous occasions. Or could you hold it for me till the boarder is open again.
But Kevin this could change things for me if I can ship from home online. Thanks.
I never go to the post office i use www.pirateship.com for everything. I have a scale at home I weigh and measure my own packaging and put it in the pirate ship and use PayPal to pay for the label and print it off. Then schedule a pickup, they come and get it and everything.

I use flat rate boxes whenever I can, the price is already set. Even international is set, both ways. If it fits, it ships.

I use flat rate boxes whenever I can, the price is already set. Even international is set, both ways. If it fits, it ships.
I TOTALLY agree. I have heard some people bad mouth USPS Priority mail, but I have NEVER had a problem. And it is nice to know exactly how much it will cost to ship something.

Speedmaster wanted $154.00 to ship a $10.00 timing tab. U don’t think that’s rediculous? Granted the shipping wasnt as bad the more items I added to the cart. The

How close are you to the border? Maybe pick a spot and get a USA PO Box somewhere. Drive over and get your stuff. Some business don't ship to a PO Box, so screw um.

If proper syntax and spelling is a peeve, try reading "Forrest Gump" you will hang yourself after the first 2 pages or get so used to it, that it will not bother you anymore. Pirateship? Have to check it out....

"...LET ME SAY THIS: BEIN A IDIOT IS NO BOX OF CHOCOLATES. People laugh, lose patience, treat you shabby. Now they says folks sposed to be kind to the afflicted, but let me tell you— it ain't always that way. Even so, I got no complaints, cause I reckon I done live a pretty interestin life, so to speak. I been a idiot since I was born. My IQ is near 70, which qualifies me, so they say. Probly, tho, I'm closer to bein a imbecile or maybe even a moron, but personally, I'd rather think of mysef as like a halfwit, or somethin— an not no idiot— cause when people think of a idiot, more'n likely they be thinkin of one of them Mongolian idiots— the ones with they eyes too close together what look like Chinamen an drool a lot an play with theyselfs. Now I'm slow— I'll grant you that, but I'm probly a lot brighter than folks think, cause what goes on in my mind is a sight different than what folks see. For instance, I can think things pretty good, but when I got to try sayin or writin them, it kinda come out like jello or somethin. I'll show you what I mean. The other day, I'm walkin down the street an this man was out workin in his yard. He'd got hissef a bunch of shrubs to plant an he say to me, "Forrest, you wanna earn some money?" an I says, "Uh-huh," an so he sets me to movin dirt. Damn near ten or twelve wheelbarrows of dirt, in the heat of the day, truckin it all over creation. When I'm thru he reach in his pocket for a dollar. What I shoulda done was raised Cain about the low wages, but instead, I took the damn dollar an all I could say was "thanks" or somethin dumb-soundin like that, an I went on down the street, waddin an unwaddin that dollar in my hand, feelin like a idiot. You see what I mean?"

-
Back