shop to finish swap

-

ZMoberg

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking at a car in Phoenix (I'm in Los angeles) 1967-69 valiant with a 5.9 magnum swapped in it. The car is crrently not running as the swap was never completed. Does anyone know of a shop with experience that could complete this in a timely manor? Over a couple days preferably...Thank you in advance

I can recommend a shop, but not one that can complete it in a couple days. That's an unreasonable amount of time for taking over someone's project IMO....

Did you buy the car already?

6pk has pretty well summed it up.
Suggesting it could be done in a couple days sounds like something the seller would say.

No shop in their right mind would agree to it.

Im planning on something,5.9 into an older truck.
Its a daunting task.
Asking someone to pick up where someone else left off is not going to come cheap.
Good for you as a buyer
As a “basket case”

I can recommend a shop, but not one that can complete it in a couple days. That's an unreasonable amount of time for taking over someone's project IMO....

Did you buy the car already?
Totally agree. Even if a shop was able to jump right on it, it would probably take a while. I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard, "It is almost finished. A reputable shop did most of the work, and it is 99% done." Then, 2 or 3 weeks later, after pulling the engine and tranny for rebuilds and fixing crappy wiring and...... Yours may truly need very little work, but hope for the best and expect the worst.

Yea, I kind of figured it was a pipe dream. I've had it done in that amount of time but you'e right about the possible issues of other peoples work and the time it takes to even grasp where someone left off. No, I have not bought the car. It was something I saw with childish dreams and aspirations, I'll just hold off until a clean chassis pops up my way. Thank you for quick replies

-
Back