Should I

-

mad mike

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought an adjustable pinion snubber for my 66 Barracuda. It's going on the 8.75 rear I have in it with 3-91 gears. Should I weld in a steel plate to renforce the body and should I put the snubber right up against the body or give it a little space

Thank you I have never used one before. I can see where the old one was hitting. I'm also considering new springs.

If it were me...

I would get a go pro and record the stock snubber in action.

You might find that it does not come in contact with the body except when there is weight in the rear (like passengers)

It would also pinpoint where and how tall it needs to be to be effective

If it were me...

I would get a go pro and record the stock snubber in action.

You might find that it does not come in contact with the body except when there is weight in the rear (like passengers)

It would also pinpoint where and how tall it needs to be to be effective
And then post it on here, the video that is.

Old school Direct Connection tips stated (this is for racing not street) automatic cars no gap, 4 speed cars 1'' gap.
Using Super Stock springs no snubber at all. I raced my car with and without and the car ran the same.

There is no problem seeing the rub marks on the body. I don't have a back seat. It only seems to hit on launch. I'm thinking I may need new springs. The car hooks ok with no sway in back. does not spin the tires if I do a burn out first. I do get a little wheel hop sometimes. I'll try the go pro. then post.

Wish I had done it to mine made a deep dent where plate was to be , auto out 4speed

-
Back