Shoulder Belt Installation

-

GupsTateS

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of stock front shoulder belt and lap belts installed? I'm looking for 1969 and 1970 Specifically. I don't know what style I want to use yet.

Thanks

I dont know why anyone woulld want the factory shoulder belts. Aftermarket 3 point belts all in one retracter are a better choise.

Well I have an assortment of belts after taking apart a couple of Darts. I just have no clue what I have really. I never paid attention to the belts for some reason.

Amen. Love the look of the OEM seatbelts, beautiful aircraft style buckles and all that strapping oneself in for the ride! Boring, utilitarian 3 points, gaudily exposed hanging down the imaginary B pillar on 2 door cars when not in use, leave me cold....lol

Haha. Love the analogy. But yea, going for that stock look. I'm gonna do the safety/driving upgrades behind the scenes. Disc Brakes, Suspension, subframe connectors, etc. I just love the vintage feel when you're in the drivers seat of one of these and don't wanna lose too much of that. I'm even putting that great AM radio back in!

I think I figured out the seat belt issue though, the 69s just work much different than the 70s it seems which got me all sorts of backwards. I'm going to use a mixed set, 69s and 70s. Hopefully it works out!

-
Back