Shoulder Sphere

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
I am sure more then one member on this forum has been to PT for a rotator cuff injury. I am seeing a Physical Therapist to help me out with my back pain. I am really limited in some of the exercises because my left shoulder is beat up. The doc that has already been in there, I supposedly had a SLAP tear and did not, has told me that sometime in my future she sees a replacement shoulder. She is concerned with my rotator cuff being frayed. Joel, the PT guy, has examined my shoulder 3 times in the past month, all he sees is some arthritis and a slightly worn out shoulder. Joel has also told me that because my bicep has been snipped that is causing some minor instability in my shoulder joint. He has advised me to NEVER put my hands on my head...which is how I often sit when we are watching TV. He is pretty confident that with some exercises that my shoulder will get better. My favorite lens when I am at the track is a Canon 300L f/2.8. Between it and the full frame camera body it is close to 10 pounds. By the end of the night my shoulder is in enough pain that I use one hand to reload my gear into my truck. Anyways....you folks that have had PT for your shoulder have you ever used a shoulder sphere? Thing is not exactly inexpensive. And Joel has advised me to hold off on using one until I have a good solid month of the exercises he has given me for my shoulder. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

I've had both shoulders done, not familiar with the sphere, I healed up 100%, but I've always kept in shape and that has a lot to do with your recovery

I had rotator cuff repair surgery in 2014 for a cuff tear and a bicep tear.
I gotta say the therapy after the surgery really worked great. But it was totally different than your situation. But I would think any mobility that you can gain thru therapy would be a big benefit.

-
Back