Shout out to Nick Bowman in Mean Green Nadine taking home another big money check

-

71Demon528

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Want to give a shout out to Nick Bowman for bringing home another big money check in his absolutely gorgeous 1970 Plymouth Duster that is named Mean Green Nadine. Nick is a true footbraker who is one of the absolute best racers I have ever met. Nick comes from a big family of competitive racers including his sister Kara Jo, father Tim, Uncles Keith, and Bruce. All have had much success in this sport. Nadine has a 408 Small block magnum built by his father Tim. Iron heads, hydrualic roller camshaft, single plane intake, APD alky carb, 4.56 rear gear in a dana, powerglide transmission, ATI 8" torque converter, 29.5x10.5 slick, weighing in at 3320lbs race ready. Like Fred @-Boosted- , Nadine also has full exhaust. I have known him since we were young kids when Nick's dad was doing work for my dad in the garage. I have watched him win in this car more times than I can count. Years back, Nick suffered a bad crash at Norwalk No Box Bonanza when an altered roadster crossed into his lane, hitting Nick's car and causing some serious mayhem. The silver lining in it all, Nadine got a 100% makeover with one of the most gorgeous paint jobs I have ever seen along with tons of other upgrades. When his car was down for surgery, Nick got in Vic Ellinger's orange 1970 Duster which @pittsburghracer son Matt was driving last year. Nick did very well in the car and won a lot of big checks with it. Once Nadine was back on the track, it was only a matter of time before Nick was parking her in the winner circle. Last year Nick won the $7,500 race at Maple Grove in the early season, followed by the Mopar vs. The World race at Keystone raceway park, followed by the No Box Hootenany at Dragway 42 last year on sunday. This year Nick has won the first points day at Keystone raceway park along with today's No Box Hootenany $5k race on Sunday. Nick also runnered up last weekend in the no box class at Keystone's Staging Light Stone Jug Championship $10k/$20k/$10k series. Nick is an absolute fearless racer who you do not want to pull up next to on race day. Congrats to Nick. I will add photos once they are posted on Facebook unless John beats me to it lol.

IMG_3433.jpeg

What a weekend it was at the 3rd Annual CJW Solutions Hootenanny No Box Open Presented By Sweitzers.com at Dragway 42. We are very grateful for the support from our no box racers and how easy of a weekend they made it with the changes that were made. We had very little downtime all weekend and today was no different with us finishing right around 4:30PM.

Race results -

Maxx Performance Parts $5K Finale
Winner: Nick Bowman
Runner Up: Jeff Fiala

Just-N-Time Lawn Care
Winner: Alyssa Davis
Runner Up: Ralphie Stellato

CJ’s Best in Show Recipient - Philbilly Combs

Thank you all for a great weekend and a great year of Hoot Races. It’s time to hit the reset button and take a break for awhile. We look forward to seeing you all this winter at the Practice Tree Hootenanny. Until next time.

#hootenannyraces
#noboxmoremoney

Looks like a show car ....Nadine definitely deserves the win...sweet green

-
Back