-
Status
Not open for further replies.

evil 340

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
i don t really want to do this, but i have 2 of these air cleaners and need a hood tach more than the air cleaner.
this air cleaner is a restored mr. norm's grand spaulding dodge demon piece. it came on the 340 demon gss cars. it has been polished and painted and is signed. it has a k&n filter in it. it s never been on a car since i ve had it. one of these air cleaner s sold on e-bay last year for over 600 bucks, and it wasn t as nice looking as this one and it was not autographed by norm.

i am looking for a dixco hood tach for my 72 demon 340. i would be willing to trade even up for a very, very nice working hood tach. or buy the tach outright.
air cleaner is in northwest ohio

Attachments

• 102_2427.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 892
  • 102_2426.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 804
Very nice, I have one hanging on the walll in my garage.

There's a Dixco Mopar tach in the For Sale section here on FABO.

I'd love to have this air cleaner, but I don't have a hood tach to trade ya. Anything else you are looking for on your Demon ?

not really 6pk. i have just about everything i need for the car. except a hood tach. thanks for the offer tho.

Still looking to trade. Anybody have rare interesting trades?tradesmen

Not sure if this might help, but if he can't sell you one outright, he might be able to tell you where to look.

http://www.tachman.com/dixco.htm

http://www.tachman.com/index.htm

One other thing you might do. Set up a search on E-bay for Dixco Tachs. Even if it is for another brand, you might buy it right. (cheap) then, send it off to be restored/upgrades to your specs.

The problem is: Nobody will trade a rare Dixco hood tachometer for such air cleaner! Even not, if it is signed by Mr.Norm.

Sell your air cleaner for the best price on eBay and buy later a Dixco tach. You can buy one for 200, 300, 400, up to $1200. (The condition is equivalent to the price) and restore (OK, a $1200 Dixco don’t need a restoration ;-)) it through the Tachman. You just need two things to find one:

1. $$$$$$
2. Time…

The Tachman will charge you $600 just for the technical restoration. The bezel with the white Mopar Pentastar cost you again $100. (Not included is the painting from the housing).

At the end of the day, you have paid over all, 800 to $1000 for a restored and no longer original hood tachometer… or 1200 $ for a NOS Dixco one…

I found a tach. I talked to the tachman 2 days ago. 400 for update and resto. Thanks for your input. I have 2 of these air cleaner s. I m willing to part with this one for trade on some other cool norms stuff. Or even another tach. I have 2 demons.

Not tryin to be a smartass....this is a straight up question. What do you think this is really worth? I mean.....I wouldn't imagine there are a ton of them around. The damn plain unsigned ones command big bucks so I was just wonderin....since you seem to be versed in this stuff what your estimation was. I'm sure it's worth a good bit.

I ve seen some go for over 600. But I know I would never pay that much. I m cheap tho. The easiest way to put it is...its like fishing. There s a nice one on feebay for 500. And no bites. I think another good example of fishing is the hood tach. One just sold on here for 800. But one in similar condition sold on eBay a couple weeks ago for 330. Two of the slightly newer dixco tachs just sold within the past few weeks. 1 very nice for 450 and an n.o.s. one for 555.
in short...they re worth whatever the buyer or trader thinks they re worth.
I ve got a few good trade offers. That's what I am looking for.

I forgot to mention. I ve found 3 pretty nice dixco s in the past couple weeks for under 300 bucks. See what fishing can bring in

Cool. That's kinda what I was thinkin. Good luck. I imagine you'll find somethin cool to trade for before too long.

One just sold on here for 800. But one in similar condition sold on eBay a couple weeks ago for 330.

:toothy1:

There was no similar on eBay for 330. The tach for 800 bucks is an original Chrysler Parts tach. It is impossible to find one for 330 at eBay, the last was sold for $1800. You can find a Dixco tach for 300 bucks like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-hood-tachometer-/200725230506?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ebc27f3aa&vxp=mtr

The condition from this tach is fare away from the offered one in this forum.

Max

The tach that sold on ebay for $ 317.00 needs lots of work. Its missing the faceplate bezel and most importantly the correct large steel mounting nut and 2 small anti spin screws. Also the " Chrysler Parts " logo isent there and its not being reproduced if you want a correct one you have to find it which is next to impossible ive tried. Finding a real genuine Dixco hood tach will cost $500.00 or more depending on condition if its mint then expect $800.00 or more i know ive had a bunch of genuine Dixco HT/x tachs and " Chrysler Parts " hood tachs ive never bought the cheap repros with the Black plastic monting nut and generic phillips anti spin screws. Ask the fellow who bought mine hes knows his stuff he will tell you the same things and hes a expert in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back