Silly question

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
I'm using the center force dual friction clutch and was reading in Mopar muscle that when using a diaphragm style clutch there is no need for the large spring on the clutch pedal assembly. My question is , is the centeforce df a diaphragm style clutch ? Also what is the difference between diaphragm and any otter types of clutches and should I remove the spring or keep it?? Thanks vehicle is 74 duster

If it does`nt get stuck in the down position, leave it in. I`ve run mine with and without, and did`nt notice any difference in pedal effort. DFs are diaphragm, then their`s the brutal effort 3 arm8-) enjoy

I just went through this in my 72 Duster. the pedal would not come back when I tryed to use a centre forse clutch plate. I did not like the thought of taking out the spring so I changed the clutch plate to a Beck & Borg style (3 finger style). I think the people that designed it put the spring in there for a reason. Personally I have not seen where there is that big of an advantage that would warrent me taking the spring out. But your call. Good luck with what ever you decide.

The factory used a Borg & Beck style. That's why our cars have an over-center spring.

When you switch to a diaphragm the over-center spring is not needed.

As you can see from post #2 and post #3........... If you leave the over-center spring in with a diaphragm clutch you may OR may not have problems.

But the real point is that when switching to a diaphragm clutch, you don't need the spring and nothing will be hurt by removing it.

I personally will never run a Borg & Beck clutch ever again.

Thanks guys I'll remove the spring and see how it feels Pedal is a little iffy right now with the spring in. Sometimes gets stuck sometimes it doesnt

-
Back