Single turbo header

-
Will it work? Probably. Will it work better than a well designed set of headers with a proper merge at the flange? No. And to my knowledge the quality of the “e bay” stainless stuff is questionable at best. Why not build your own?

I don’t think it will clear the passenger inner fender. Those look just like the stainless shorty Dakota headers that they’ve grafted a turbo flange to. I tried those Dakota headers once and they are definitely too tight on my Early A. Maybe they clear a later A body. I ended up using a block hugger on the passenger side for my turbo hot side.

Yea sometimes the welding on e-bay stuff leaves alot to be desired for sure. I was concerned that the GT45 is a pretty good sized turbo,I had something similar on my old ford truck before I switched it to a powerdyne unit. and it might not clear the inner fender. I saw a post somewhere where they cut the fender and boxed it back in for clearance on a turbo install but I couldn't tell what they were using for their manifold. I had been thinking I might just use manifolds and build my own crossover to mount the turbo but I don't know what manifold I can reverse that will clear the power steering gear.

Yea sometimes the welding on e-bay stuff leaves alot to be desired for sure. I was concerned that the GT45 is a pretty good sized turbo,I had something similar on my old ford truck before I switched it to a powerdyne unit. and it might not clear the inner fender. I saw a post somewhere where they cut the fender and boxed it back in for clearance on a turbo install but I couldn't tell what they were using for their manifold. I had been thinking I might just use manifolds and build my own crossover to mount the turbo but I don't know what manifold I can reverse that will clear the power steering gear.
The GT45 is a pretty big turbo. Heavy also but makes good power for the price. You might consider the 7875 also. Smaller package with great power depending on your goals.
On the power steering issue, I think factory Magnum manifolds would clear but you might run into the ps pump.

I am looking to make around 450 HP boosted on 10# of boost, 318 LA with magnum heads with upgraded springs, air gap intake, upgraded cam. Stock bottom end am planning on 300 NA horsepower. Probably at that power level the 7875 would be the way to go. Years ago I put a turbo on my slant Aspen. It ran good but 2.76 gears held it back. I am running an 8 3/4 with 3.23's in my dart for good street manners.

The 7875 from VS is a 750hp capable turbo. On a 300hp 318 it will be too large. Do some math and find the mass flow of your combo at your desired pressure ratio and size your turbo for your goals.

I ran a GT45 on my Pre magnum 91 Dodge Ram for 2 years. It didn’t have as much lag as as I expected and made no where near 450whp on 6psi but it was fun and surprised quite a few people for some junk. If you have the turbo already use it, if starting from a scratch take TT5.9mag or subcoms advice at get something better suited for your goals. Also I made both my turbo hot sides.

C43D753F-CA27-44D3-B4D3-73B14A29D150.jpeg

-
Back